Movie :- Writer (2021) Review
Star Cast :- Samuthirakani ,Dileepan, Ineya and so on
Producer :- Pa. Ranjith , Abhayanand Singh , Piiyush Singh , Aditi Anand
Music Director :- Govind Vasantha
Director :- Franklin Jacob
Story ( Spoiler Free):-
The movie begins by showcasing the character of Thangaraj (Samuthirakani) as a writer in a police station. He is an honest and sincere cop, but due to the corruption in the system, he closes a petty case unfairly. Besides he is the one who made a petition in the court regarding the formation of the Union of Polices.
Upon all this, a person named Devakumar (Hari Krishnan), pursuing a Ph.D. in sociology at Madras University was arrested by the Police to get rid of the old case. Now as a sincere Police and Writer how Thangaraj took this issue into his hands and helped Devakumar form the rest of the story.
What is the story of Thangaraj? What is the character of Saranya? What is the flashback of Ineya? How did Devakumar arrest? What is wrong with the Police system? How did Thangaraj save Devakumar? Is the basic plot of the story.
- Samuthirakani’s outstanding performance. From stating to ending he lived in the role.
- background score.
- Visuals in the second half along with some breathtaking scenes.
- The whole credit goes to Franklin Jacob for trying this different concept.
- Even though the concept is different but the screenplay haven’t engaged audience.
- This kind of films may not appeal to all section of audience.
- The flashback episode of Ineya.
The Writer Movie is an honest and genuine attempt made by Franklin Jacob. His vision is great and mesmerizes the audience. As usual Samuthirakani did a terrific job in his role. Rest other are given their best.
Production values are good, Cinematography is great. Few Scenes are not up to the mark. Especially the flashback episode of Ineya. But overall a worth watchable film.
Rating :- 3/5